Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's about time for an update

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a few days. Let me see if I can't catch everyone up...

For a while Mom was really stuck in a catch-22. She really needed to do physical therapy to feel better, yet she didn't feel well enough to do the physical therapy. Bless her heart, I think in her mind physical therapy involved jumping jacks and sit ups.... maybe a push up or two. The mere thought of it was just too much and she ended up turning the therapists away every time they came in.

Then came the cheerleading. Everyone who visited her gave her a pep talk on the importance of physical therapy.. I'm sure it annoyed her to no end, but she listened and finally had her first session with the physical therapist yesterday. The therapist was very understanding of her fears because his father is in a similar situation. He had Mom walk across the room.. (about 5 or 6 steps, as her IV tubing would allow) and back to her bed. She did great. She even sat down on the bed by herself.

You can't imagine how proud everyone is of her... because she did this even though she is still in a great deal of pain. I might add that she did her therapy even though she had endured one of those tortuous x-ray sessions that same morning.

And as if that wasn't wonderful enough news, it appears Mom might be able to come home tomorrow. That is the plan. I'm hoping when she gets home and gets back into familiar surroundings, she will start to amble around her kitchen and even head to the back porch to watch the hummingbirds feed. Soon she will be back on top and in fighting mode!

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

Oh I so hope she can come home today. I think Hummingbirds are one of God's many miracles and I am sure they will be happy to see her, too.