Monday, July 30, 2007

In Good Hands

You know, it's funny.

When people find out you are pregnant they proceed to torture you with stories of the hardest labor and most difficult births ever experienced.

But when people find out you have cancer, they shower you with Victory Stories. My mom and dad have met many people who have gone through much the same stuff mom is going through now. They are the best encouragement. They have literally LIVED through it. One of the key players in these Victory Stories is the Oncologist. There are many singing the praises of a certain doctor, who also happens to be Mom's Oncologist as well.

When my dad told him he had heard quite a few success stories, this doctor pointed to Heaven and said humbly, "I'm just the instrument."

I can't tell you how much peace and confidence it gives me to know that Mom is in the hands of a physician who knows who the Great Physician really is.

No comments: