Thursday, January 24, 2008

You all sure know how to pray!

I just wanted to pop in with a quick update. Mom is still home and doing well. She is weak to be sure, and has had some tummy issues, but nothing like what one would expect going through this type of procedure. Although her curly hair is kind of straigtening, she hasn't lost any yet. I'm not sure what the timeline is on that. She was told she could expect to be admitted to the hospital around day 5 or 6. We are on day 9 and no hospital stay yet. The nurse told dad that in all her years of working with these transplants, she has only known 2 or 3 patients to go without being admitted. Methinks mom could well be number 4. Right now, she simply goes to the hospital every morning to get some fluids and a blood count. Then she gets to go home to the comfort of her own bed.

Mom is now officially neutropenic which essentially means she has no white blood cells. This is all part of the course. Over the next few days, until her stem cells are harvested and her white blood cells return, she is particularly vulnerable to infection. We are watching her closely for fever, which would mean a definate hospital admittance.

Thank you so much for your prayers. They are working! Please continue to pray, specifically against infection.

Stay tuned for updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dolores,
Lance and I have been in Arizona the month of Jan. I came home for a treatement and will head back Sunday am.
So glad to read the update on your progress. Hang in there. You are amazing.
Melanie thank you for the web site.
Love and prayers, Judy Miller

Billie Armlovich said...

Delores,
I'm one of Melanie's friends. I have been praying for you.
I know my words cannot help the way you feel right now, but I know they can encourage you.
When I'm not feeling well, meditating on God's Word gives me strength.
John 14:26-27

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I will continue to pray for your health. Billie